Skip to content


‘Pro-military’ mom: Punish officers blamed for fatal ambush

afghanistan poll Pro military mom: Punish officers blamed for fatal ambushMission’s commanding officers ‘should be as far away from combat troops as humanly possible’

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Afghanistan last year says she can’t understand why the officers who failed to send in air support haven’t been removed from duty.

“I’m still pro-military, but it’s a tragedy if these officers get off so lightly with just a reprimand,” Susan Price, the mother of Gunnery Sgt. Aaron Kenefick, told the Army Times. “Why are they still in command? Where the hell are these officers, and why did they get just a slap on the wrist?”

Kenefick and four other US service members died on Sept. 8, 2009, in Afghanistan’s Kunar province when they were ambushed by some 100 insurgents during a visit to a remote village. Eight Afghan troops and an interpreter were killed as well.

The embattled troops reportedly called for air support repeatedly for nearly two hours before helicopter support arrived — after the unit had sustained casualties.

A report released last month said the officers in charge of the operation were “clearly negligent” in their duties.

“The actions of key leaders at the battalion level were inadequate and ineffective, contributing directly to the loss of life which ensued,” the report stated. “The perception … that elements did not adequately support the mission is accurate.”

The military investigation “found that senior leaders were not continuously present in the operations center from the first point of contact with the Taliban to the first reports of mass casualties,” CNN reported.

The Army Times reports that “even though the deaths of the team members were the result of ‘negligent’ leadership … it appears no one involved in the botched planning or execution of the mission will get more than a letter of reprimand for contributing to the deaths of five fellow service members.”

That’s not good enough for Brian Johnson, father of Gunnery Sgt. Edwin Johnson Jr., who also died in the ambush.

The officers in charge of the operation “should be as far away from combat troops as humanly possible,” Johnson told the Army Times. “Whatever happens isn’t going to bring my son back. But I would sure like to make sure that those guys aren’t in a position to get anyone else killed, and that the procedures that led to this are changed.”

Johnson and others are also questioning why the US military initially disputed a report from reporter Jonathan Landay, who was embedded with the troops during the ambush. Landay reported that commanders “rejected repeated calls to unleash artillery rounds at attackers” because of new rules meant to avoid civilian casualties.

“The summary does not address whether the cited officers denied fire support because of concerns about tighter restrictions on airstrikes and artillery put in place by Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal last July to prevent civilian casualties,” the Army Times reports.

“The family members said they have been told the lack of support was mostly a result of failure of leadership, but their version of the reports also says that service members who survived the attack saw women and children carrying ammunition to insurgents during the battle,” the Times adds.

Landay’s report paints a harrowing picture of the events of that day:

Dashing from boulder to boulder, diving into trenches and ducking behind stone walls as the insurgents maneuvered to outflank us, we waited more than an hour for U.S. helicopters to arrive, despite earlier assurances that air cover would be five minutes away.

“We are pinned down. We are running low on ammo. We have no air. We’ve lost today,” Marine Maj. Kevin Williams, 37, said through his translator to his Afghan counterpart, responding to the latter’s repeated demands for helicopters.


View the original article

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Posted in Uncategorized.

Tagged with , , .

Support #altnews & keep Dark Politricks alive

Remember I told you over 5 years ago that they would be trying to shut down sites and YouTube channels that are not promoting the "Official" view. Well it's happening big time. Peoples Channels get no money from YouTube any more and Google is being fishy with their AdSense giving money for some clicks but not others. The time is here, it's not "Obama's Internet Cut Off Switch" it's "Trumps Sell Everyones Internet Dirty Laundry Garage Sale".

It's not just Google/YouTube defunding altenative chanels (mine was shut), but Facebook is also removing content, shutting pages, profiles and groups and removing funds from #altnews that way as well. I was recently kicked off FB and had a page "unpublished" with no reason given. If you don't know already all Facebooks Private Messages and Secret Groups are still analysed and checked for words related to drugs, sex, war etc against their own TOS. Personally IU know there are undercover Irish police moving from group to group cloning peoples accounts and getting people booted. Worse than that I know people in court at the moment for the content they had on their secret private group. Use Telegrams secret chat mode to chat on, or if you prefer if you need to or buy a dumb phone with nothing for the NSA to hack into if you are that paranoid.

So if your not supporting this site already which brings you news from the Left to the Right (really the same war mongering bollox) then I could do with some. Even if it's just £5 or tick the monthly subscription box it will be much appreciated. Read on to find out why/

Why?

Any support to keep this site would be appreciated. You could set up a monthly subscription for £2 like some people do or you could pay a one off donation as a gift.
I am not asking you to pay me for other people's articles, this is a clearing house as well as place to put my own views out into the world. I am asking for help to write more articles like my recent
false flag gas attack to get WWIII started in Syria, and Trump away from Putin. Hopefully a few missiles won't mean a WikiLeaks release of that infamous video Trump apparently made in a Russian bedroom with Prostitutes. Also please note that this article was written just an hour after the papers came out, and I always come back and update them.

If you want to read JUST my own articles then use the top menu I have written hundreds of articles for this site and I host numerous amounts of material that has seen me the victim of hacks, DOS plus I have been kicked off multiple hosting companies, free blogging sites, and I have even had threats to cease and desist from the US armed forces. Therefore I have to pay for my own server which is NOT cheap. The more people who read these article on this site the more it costs me so some support would be much appreciated.

I have backups of removed reports shown, then taken down after pressure, that show collusion between nations and the media. I have the full redacted 28/29 pages from the 9.11 commission on the site which seems to have been forgotten about as we help Saudi Arabia bomb Yemeni kids hiding in the rubble with white phosphorus, an illegal weaapon. One that the Israeli's even used when they bombed the UN compound in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead. We complain about Syrian troops (US Controlled ISIS) using chemical weapons to kill "beautiful babies". I suppose all those babies we kill in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia and Syria are just not beautiful enough for Trumps beautiful baby ratio. Plus we kill about 100 times as many as ISIS or the Syrian army have managed by a factor of about 1000 to 1.

I also have a backup of the FOX News series that looked into Israeli connections to 9.11. Obviously FOX removed that as soon as AIPAC, ADL and the rest of the Hasbra brigade protested.

I also have a copy of the the original Liberal Democrats Freedom Bill which was quickly and quietly removed from their site once they enacted and replaced with some watered down rubbish instead once they got into power. No change to police tactics, protesting or our unfair extradition treaty with the USA but we did get a stop to being clamped on private land instead of the mny great ideas in the original.

So ANY support to keep this site running would be much appreciated! I don't have much money after leaving my job and it is a choice between shutting the server or selling the domain or paying a lot of money just so I can show this material. Material like the FSB Bombings that put Putin in power or the Google no 1 spot when you search for protecting yourself from UK Police with "how to give a no comment interview". If you see any adverts that interest you then please visit them as it helps me without you even needing to give me any money. A few clicks per visit is all it takes to help keep the servers running and #altnews alive!

However if you don't want to use the very obvious and cost free ways (to you) to help the site and keep me writing for it then please consider making a small donation. Especially if you have a few quid sitting in your PayPal account doing nothing useful. Why not do a monthly subscription for less money instead. Will you really notice £5 a month?


0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.



Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.



css.php