Skip to content

Swedish bomber ‘planned Christmas carnage’

stockholmexplosion 1213 Swedish bomber planned Christmas carnage

A suicide bomber who blew himself up in Stockholm at the weekend was carrying a cocktail of explosives and probably meant to wreak carnage among Christmas shoppers, investigators said Monday.

As police searched the father-of-three’s home near London, Sweden’s chief prosecutor confirmed investigators believed the bomber was a Swedish citizen who now lived in Britain, and was bent on killing “as many people as possible”.

After an Islamist group said Taymour Abdelwahab targeted Sweden on Saturday over its military presence in Afghanistan, prosecution chief Tomas Lindstrand warned the bomber would likely have had accomplices.

While the results of DNA tests are still needed for confirmation, Lindstrand told reporters he was “98 percent” certain of the bomber’s identity but was trying to work out his eventual target before he blew himself up prematurely.

“He had a bomb belt on him, he had a backpack with a bomb and he was carrying an object that has been compared to a pressure cooker. If it had all blown up at the same time, it would have been very powerful,” he said.

“Where he was headed … we don’t know. It is likely that something happened, that he made some kind of mistake that led to part of the bombs he was carrying went off and caused his death.

“This was during Christmas shopping in central Stockholm and he was extremely well-equipped when it came to bomb material … It is not much of a stretch to say he was going to a place with as many people as possible.”

Lindstrand said the bomber might have been headed to the capital’s central train station or to Aahlens, a popular department store.

While it had been established the suspect carried out the attack alone, investigators “have to assume he worked with several people,” Lindstrand told AFP.

Abdelwahab, who would have been 29 the day after the blasts, was reportedly born in Iraq but, according to investigators, he became a Swedish citizen 18 years and had never come to the attention of the security services.

In London, a spokesman for the city’s Metropolitan Police said officers raided a property in nearby Luton late Sunday as part of the probe.

British media reported that Abdelwahab had studied at the University of Bedfordshire in Luton and had been living in the town in recent years.

His wife and children were reportedly still living in Luton, The Daily Mail and The Daily Telegraph reported.

“Officers executed a search warrant under the Terrorism Act 2000 at an address in Bedfordshire. There have been no arrests,” said a spokesman.

“We are confirming that this is in connection with the incident in Stockholm on Saturday.”

Luton has been a focal point of clashes between Islamic extremists and far-right extremists in recent years.

In 2009, Muslim extremists demonstrated there at a homecoming march for British soldiers, holding placards calling them “Butchers of Basra” and “cowards, killers, extremists”.

An Islamist website, Shumukh al-Islam, posted a purported will by Abdelwahab which said he was fulfilling a threat by Al-Qaeda in Iraq to attack Sweden.

On Saturday, Sweden’s Saepo intelligence agency and the TT news agency received an email with audio files in which a man is heard saying: “all hidden mujaheddin in Europe, and especially in Sweden, it is now the time to fight back.”

Malena Rembe, an analyst for Saepo, told Swedish radio on Monday that it was now believed the voice was that of the bomber.

His message referred to the Swedish army’s presence in Afghanistan and to Swedish artist Lars Vilks, the object of constant threats since his drawing of the Prophet Mohammed was first published in 2007.

Saturday’s bombings were seen by the Swedish media as a wake-up call and evidence that the country is now the target of international terrorism.

“Openness under attack,” Aftonbladet titled on its editorial page while the daily Dagens Nyheter described Saturday’s events as “an attack on us all.”

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Posted in General News.

Tagged with , , , .

Support #altnews & keep Dark Politricks alive

Remember I told you over 5 years ago that they would be trying to shut down sites and YouTube channels that are not promoting the "Official" view. Well it's happening big time. Peoples Channels get no money from YouTube any more and Google is being fishy with their AdSense giving money for some clicks but not others. The time is here, it's not "Obama's Internet Cut Off Switch" it's "Trumps Sell Everyones Internet Dirty Laundry Garage Sale".

It's not just Google/YouTube defunding altenative chanels (mine was shut), but Facebook is also removing content, shutting pages, profiles and groups and removing funds from #altnews that way as well. I was recently kicked off FB and had a page "unpublished" with no reason given. If you don't know already all Facebooks Private Messages and Secret Groups are still analysed and checked for words related to drugs, sex, war etc against their own TOS. Personally IU know there are undercover Irish police moving from group to group cloning peoples accounts and getting people booted. Worse than that I know people in court at the moment for the content they had on their secret private group. Use Telegrams secret chat mode to chat on, or if you prefer if you need to or buy a dumb phone with nothing for the NSA to hack into if you are that paranoid.

So if your not supporting this site already which brings you news from the Left to the Right (really the same war mongering bollox) then I could do with some. Even if it's just £5 or tick the monthly subscription box it will be much appreciated. Read on to find out why/


Any support to keep this site would be appreciated. You could set up a monthly subscription for £2 like some people do or you could pay a one off donation as a gift.
I am not asking you to pay me for other people's articles, this is a clearing house as well as place to put my own views out into the world. I am asking for help to write more articles like my recent
false flag gas attack to get WWIII started in Syria, and Trump away from Putin. Hopefully a few missiles won't mean a WikiLeaks release of that infamous video Trump apparently made in a Russian bedroom with Prostitutes. Also please note that this article was written just an hour after the papers came out, and I always come back and update them.

If you want to read JUST my own articles then use the top menu I have written hundreds of articles for this site and I host numerous amounts of material that has seen me the victim of hacks, DOS plus I have been kicked off multiple hosting companies, free blogging sites, and I have even had threats to cease and desist from the US armed forces. Therefore I have to pay for my own server which is NOT cheap. The more people who read these article on this site the more it costs me so some support would be much appreciated.

I have backups of removed reports shown, then taken down after pressure, that show collusion between nations and the media. I have the full redacted 28/29 pages from the 9.11 commission on the site which seems to have been forgotten about as we help Saudi Arabia bomb Yemeni kids hiding in the rubble with white phosphorus, an illegal weaapon. One that the Israeli's even used when they bombed the UN compound in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead. We complain about Syrian troops (US Controlled ISIS) using chemical weapons to kill "beautiful babies". I suppose all those babies we kill in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia and Syria are just not beautiful enough for Trumps beautiful baby ratio. Plus we kill about 100 times as many as ISIS or the Syrian army have managed by a factor of about 1000 to 1.

I also have a backup of the FOX News series that looked into Israeli connections to 9.11. Obviously FOX removed that as soon as AIPAC, ADL and the rest of the Hasbra brigade protested.

I also have a copy of the the original Liberal Democrats Freedom Bill which was quickly and quietly removed from their site once they enacted and replaced with some watered down rubbish instead once they got into power. No change to police tactics, protesting or our unfair extradition treaty with the USA but we did get a stop to being clamped on private land instead of the mny great ideas in the original.

So ANY support to keep this site running would be much appreciated! I don't have much money after leaving my job and it is a choice between shutting the server or selling the domain or paying a lot of money just so I can show this material. Material like the FSB Bombings that put Putin in power or the Google no 1 spot when you search for protecting yourself from UK Police with "how to give a no comment interview". If you see any adverts that interest you then please visit them as it helps me without you even needing to give me any money. A few clicks per visit is all it takes to help keep the servers running and #altnews alive!

However if you don't want to use the very obvious and cost free ways (to you) to help the site and keep me writing for it then please consider making a small donation. Especially if you have a few quid sitting in your PayPal account doing nothing useful. Why not do a monthly subscription for less money instead. Will you really notice £5 a month?

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.