Skip to content


Man denied entry into U.S. to bury his son


A Mexican man told The Associated Press that the United States has barred him from entering the country to attend the funeral of his family members, including his son, who died in a Pennsylvania home this past week.

?Fidel? Merlos-Lopez is trying to attend the funeral services for his 10-year-old son Damien Lopez on Monday after the boy, along with his cousin, aunt and 7-month-old half-brother, died in a fire last week in the town of Shenandoah.

But U.S. Customs and Border Protection have denied Fidel Lopez entrance into the country after he was asked by immigration authorities to leave the country voluntarily in 2007 after running a red light.

Lopez, 34, arrived in the country illegally in 1995 in Shenandoah and married a U.S. citizen, who gave birth to his son in 2002. Lopez divorced and later married another U.S. citizen.

?I told the customs officer that all I want is a permit to see my boy for one last time,” Lopez told The Associated Press. “They treat’me as if I am a criminal.”

Lopez’s lawyer, Elizabeth Surin, indicated that her client was on his way to getting a green card before the tragic incident occurred.

“He?s trying to comply, trying to follow the rules of U.S. immigration law, but they are using that against him now,” Surin said. “This whole thing is really heart-wrenching. ?

Lopez is still hoping for a last minute grant of humanitarian parole, allowing immigrants an emergency entry into the United States. Only a quarter of the 1,200 applicants are approved each year by the government.

[Image via Shutterstock]

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Posted in General News.

Tagged with Border Protection, immigration, Pennsylvania, United States.

Support #altnews & keep Dark Politricks alive

Any support to keep this site running would be much appreciated! If you see any adverts that interest you then please visit them as it helps me without you even needing to give me any money. A few clicks is all it takes to help keep the servers running and #altnews alive!

Please remember I have written hundreds of articles for this site and I host numerous amounts of material that has been taken offline by their original hosters which would be unavailable for viewing if it wasn't for this site. Therefore I would kindly ask you to help support me so that the site can continue doing what I think is an important job as well as reporting on stories the mainstream media would rather you didn't know about. I personally think it is important to host material such as removed reports that show that even FOX News once repoted on Israeli spy rings following the 9.11 hijackers before September 11th Or publishing the original Liberal Democrats Freedom Bill which was removed from their site once they enacted some watered down rubbish instead once they got into power.

However if you don't want to use the very obvious and cost free ways (to you) to help the site and keep me writing for it then please consider making a small donation, especially if you have a few quid sitting in your PayPal account doing nothing useful!


0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.



Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.



css.php