Cornell West versus Ta-Nehisi Coates - Why Obama is not like Malcolm X
By Dark Politricks
Ta-Nehisi Coates is the neoliberal face of the black freedom struggle, says Cornell West, progressive black elder of the liberal movement.
He doesn't see Obama as any kind of shinning light for the black community, whereas Ta-Nehisi Coates says of him with genuine euphoria:
“As I watched Barack Obama’s star shoot across the political sky ... I had never seen so many white people cheer on a black man who was neither an athlete nor an entertainer. And it seemed that they loved him for this, and I thought in those days ... that they might love me too.”
He also compares him to the last black hero since Malcolm X, where he seems to have missed a few things that President Obama did whilst in office out of his admiration list. Things such as:
- Increasing the wars the USA was in from 3 to 7 and who knows how many "off book" banana republics the CIA are trying to turn over at the moment.
- Drone strikes increased allowing PS2 and Xbox generation kids, experts at shooting from the sky to play real life or death scenarios. Sat in a box in Las Vegas they control drones across the world and take out buildings and people who may or may not have any connection with whatever extremest force the Mossad/CIA have created to ensure that the DOD sends troops over to fight there.
- The implementation of the NDAA which gives the POTUS god like powers and lets him kill even US citizens abroad or at home if he feels they are a threat to the country.
- The increased surveillance state where scanners at airports show off genitalia to brain-dead FDA staff, or you may be lucky to get a pat down and an accidental finger slipped somewhere. Not nice for the kids to watch for sure. Are there are any studies out that have shown how many terrorist plots these scanners that can easily be bypassed have stopped?
- The crack down on whistle-blowers and truth to power speakers. He may have let Chelsea Manning out of jail as his pardon present for leaving, but he was the one who put him there in the first place. The war crimes and torture committed by US troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and other places is a very long list. Videos put up on YouTube of burning Korans and soldiers pissing on dead bodies of people they had just killed, is not the kind of "freedom" that the rest of the world wants. The latest attempt is the Democratic Red Scare and the nonsensical call to label Dr Jill Stein a Russian Agent and ask her to appear before a committee at Congress. It will surely blow up in their faces when she uses cool clean logic to blast them out of the water with real policies that were not heard by the majority during the last election, and hopefully leaving a committee room full of red faces.
- Allowing the CIA and NSA to do pretty much what they want, whilst selling arms to the most despotic regime on the face of the earth, Saudi Arabia. If one country needs to be taken out of the Middle East it's the Saudi's who are using their alliance with Israel and the USA to increase their battle with Iranian forces. Forces who have helped removed ISIS militants from Syria along with Kurds and Christians.
- The let off of Wall St after their collapsing of the World Economy in 2008. He should have jailed at least some Banksters like Iceland did. Now out of office and collecting $500,000 payments for after dinner speeches, it looks to a lot of people that he is being paid back from the den of inequity he didn't prosecute or crack down on after they gambled people's wages and pensions away on the stock market.
- The non prosecution of George W Bush and Dick Cheney for war crimes including a preemptive war on Iraq (outlawed by US judges as the worst crime a country could commit against another after WWII at Nuremberg), the torture of enemy soldiers at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib many who were just people picked up by the Northern Alliance and sold to US troops who had nothing to say, nothing to admit and no part played in any anti-US battles. Remember the Taliban are mostly the name we have given the people who already lived in the area we attacked illegally. The Afghani's asked for evidence of bin-Laden's guilt twice and were denied it, as well as offering to hand him over for a fair trial also denied by US HQ. Just imagine if the Chinese invaded the USA. They would be calling all those 2nd amendment tin can shooters a similar name.
- There are many many more incidences which I could mention but we could go on all night.
Watch Kyle break it down.
Read the article Kyle bases his video on at https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/17/ta-nehisi-coates-neoliberal-black-struggle-cornel-west
Support The Show On Patreon:
Follow Kyle on Twitter:
Like the show on Facebook:
This clip was taken from the Kyle Kulinski Show, which airs live on Blog Talk Radio and Secular Talk Radio Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern time zone.
By Dark Politricks
© 2018 Dark Politricks