By Dark Politricks
This a pop quiz to see if you are a free thinker who chooses your morals and behaviour independently of whether "your guy" is in the White House or someone who sees right and wrong whichever side of the coin is in power.
1. Are you someone who is attacking Obama's expansion of the war on terror. His increase in drone strikes and failure to close Gitmo. The killing by Presidential decree and implementation of civil liberty destroying measures such as increased Internet Spying and the implementation of the NDAA?
2. Were you doing the same when George Bush was implementing the PATRIOT ACT and using warrant-less phone hacking. Allowing his Vice President to have a personal execution team to take out enemies of the state and using extraordinary rendition and torture to gain information from prisoners who were mostly innocent people sold to the Americans by the Afghan warlords.
Were you decrying the implementation of drone attacks which de-link the close up smell and emotion of a killing from the deed turning it to nothing more than a real life video game? Did your protests stop when a Democrat "you could believe in" entered the White House and then carried on the Bush policies?
3. Are you someone supporting the Occupy Wall St's desire to have real banking reform, stop bailouts of casino banks that waste billions on bets or "hedges" like JP Morgans's recent London Whale and want to close the disparity between the top 1% and the rest of America.
Do you mind that during the worst depression of our lifetime the wages of those in the top percent of the country have increased by staggering amounts whereas the lowering, devaluing dollar that means lower and middle class families are seeing real price increases, inflation and lowering living standards?
4. Were you supportive of the original Tea Party and Ron Paul when they were making some of the same claims. Did you change your support of economic policy when Bush left and Obama entered the White House. Do you think it matters who sleeps in the White House bed when the FED can print money, loan out billions to foreign and domestic banks on a whim and devalue the dollar in your pocket without any political oversight?
5. Is it moral or ethical to kill an American citizen without any judicial process even if they are not in America at the time of the killing?
6. What about if they were in America? Should the President be able to sign your death warrant like an English King without your knowledge and without any recourse to court?
7. Is it okay to kill a Jihadist in Pakistan by drone attack because a CIA agent "thinks" they have the right person in Langley, Virginia?
8. Is it still okay if 50 innocent Pakistani villagers, woman and children are also killed at the same time?
9. What about a thousand people? What number is a legitimate figure for "collateral damage" in these kinds of attacks?
10. What if you later find out that the Jihadist wasn't killed at all and it was a case of mistaken identity. Was the attack still justified? What recourse should the families of the dead victims have against the American government who is supposedly not at war with Pakistan?
11. If a gang of burglars broke into your house in the middle of the night, shot your dog dead, beat you with sticks and de-humanised you in front of your family. Should you have the right to fight back, to kill if necessary to protect your family and possessions?
12. What if the gang wore SWAT uniforms and were following a false tip phoned in by a jealous neighbour or they thought you were smoking marijuana. Should the fact that the state is the gang of thugs killing your pets and beating you make any difference to your right to defend your family and your property?
13. Do you think Obama is bankrupting the country by increasing national debt?
13. What about President Bush or President Reagan? Does your perspective of national debt change depending on whether you are a Republican or Democrat or is debt, debt no matter who is President? Both Bush and Reagan increased the national debt by huge amounts - what is the difference between a Republican increasing debt and a Democrat?
14. Do you think Obama wants to turn your country into socialist Cuba by having a health policy that actually allows poor people or those with existing conditions to get affordable health care?
15. What would you do if you lost your job due to a bank bailout and a house repossession caused by policies enacted under George W Bush and you couldn't afford your health insurance?
16. What would you do if you broke your leg or had a serious disease. How would you treat your condition? Would you use the most expensive health care system in the world by turning up at your local Hospital Emergency department?
17. Do you think that a healthy work force is a productive one? Or should people born into poor families through no fault of their own be left to suffer and die due to lack of money?
18. Do you think war should be decided by Presidential decree alone or that Congress should vote on every decision that sends peoples children into harms way? Should Congress vote according to their conscience or their parties line on the matter?
19. Do you agree with the wars in Iraq and Libya. Were you against the war in Iraq when Bush was President and for the war in Libya when Obama was? Why was that?
20. Do you want your country to turn into a modern day Police state where all communications are listened to, automatically filtered and then decisions about whether you can leave and enter the country or travel by plane decided by a text message or email?
21. Should the TSA be able to touch your wife's breasts and touch your children's bodies all in the name of protecting the homeland from terrorists disguised as 4 year old white boys and 80 year old grannies?
22. Should people be able to speak out about government abuses, criminal acts and actions that break international law if they feel that the people have a right to know? Does the law apply to everyone or just the serfs and not the landowners?
23. Should these whistle blowers be punished for breaking "secrets act" laws or praised for following their conscience?
24. Should the American government force private companies to stop trading with people and organisations that try to bring the truth to the people. Knowledge and misdeeds that your government would rather you didn't know about such as the illegal bugging of UN dignitaries or the massacre of innocent people in a war zone?
25. Do you want to live in a world where it is increasingly hard to tell the difference between your once free country and a banana dictatorship that kills opponents on a whim, uses torture and prison without trial, prints money to cause inflation and goes to war to distract the people from real problems at home?
26. Do you really think that by electing Mitt Romney as the next US President anything will really change?
27. If Mitt Romney is elected will he stop the companies he has spent his life "restructuring" from sending their jobs to cheaper market places like China or India or will he protect American jobs at all costs?
28. Will Romney stop the FED printing money and will the government never raise the national debt under his presidency?
29. Do you think that he will stop or expand the war on terror and increase it more to the homeland by naming US Citizens as domestic terrorists. Do you think you are on one of the government watch-lists right now?
30. What can you do about it?